Moving & Packing
At Coastal Climate Control of Youngsville, we know exactly what you need to make your packing and storing days easy and stress-free. We carry a wide range of supplies, including boxes, tape, blankets, and bubble wrap, so that you can purchase everything you need to pack and store your items all in one place.
Packaging Storage “Do’s”
- We provide high ceilings, so use all the space in your unit. Decide beforehand how to arrange your unit and retrieve your items. Leave room for walking so that you can get to the back of your unit.
- Leaving small spaces between the walls and boxes will allow for air circulation.
- Make an inventory of your items and keep them in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box. You may also video or photograph your belongings.
- Place items on 2×4 boards or pallets to guard against dampness. Concrete floors may become cold and damp.
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front of your unit, and items you know you will not need to access at the back.
- Label the boxes on all six sides and keep a list for easy reference. Stack heavier boxes on bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- To protect your items, use moving blankets or sheets to cover them.
- Disassemble items such as tables, bed frames, etc. as this will save space. Wrap and label all pieces for an easier time when you have to reassemble them. Put all hardware in bags and mark the bags accordingly.
- When you disassemble electronics, such as computers, stereos, usually with numerous cords, place small colored stickers on the cord and the same color sticker where the cord goes. This will save you time when trying to reassemble your electronics.
- Make sure that all appliances are clean and dry before storing them. Leave appliances slightly ajar to prevent mildew.
Packaging Storage “Dont’s”
- Do not use plastic to cover your belongings. It retains moisture.
- Do not store any food items, combustible items (paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paints, etc.) or hazardous materials.
- Do not overpack your boxes to the point that they are too heavy.
- Do not forget to clean appliances before you store them.
- Avoid placing sharp or heavy objects on top of upholstered furniture.